My life over the past week hasn't been terribly exciting but I figure I should at least summarize it for those of you who still visit this revamped yet still visitor lacking blog. My thanks to all of you who still do read it once and a while just keep me going.Last week, on Thursday, I went to Westgate's first Varsity basketball game. I had never been to any high school basketball game before and it was a lot of fun, although at some points the gym was absolutely filled with noise. The Gators were playing against the Crusaders and the Gators ended up winning, that was good because it was their first game of this season. Throughout the whole game Julie wanted me to take a picture of one of the guys on the other team because she thought he was hot and I had my camera with me. During the game I couldn't get a good shot of him though, so after the game I stopped him and asked if I could take his picture. When I told him the reason he just thought it was funny and let me take a picture.
On Friday night we had the fall banquet at the Holiday Inn in Wilsonville. Afterwards, some of the teens in the youth group went bowling at Tigard Bowl. We had a good time but once again I didn't do very well. At least this time I wasn't the worst one there. When we had finished I drove home and went to bed about midnight. I really wanted to go to Shari's where I knew that some of the others were going to be. But I had to get up early the next morning so I just went home. The following morning I woke up at 7:30 and I had to be at the church by 8 for the Men's and Young Men's Breakfast. It didn't take me long to get ready and go so I got there at about 10 'til. After the breakfast Pastor Bruce Hamilton gave a short challenge about how to walk in the light (1 John 1:7). He used an acrostic of the word WORSHIP to as the outline. Wait on the Lord. Offer yourself to Him. Repent of sin. Surrender your will. Holiness is required. (I actually can't remember what "I" was for right now). Praise Him. After he had finished I helped clean in the kitchen until everything was done; then I got a ride home with Mr. Ballard. I spent the rest of the afternoon making stuffed Focaccia bread for the youth activity at the Ellis's house. At 4 I got a ride from church with Mr. Bickle to the activity. I had a pretty good time during the afternoon and evening. The only interesting thing that I did was volunteering for a game were I was blindfolded and had to guess the flavor of baby food that was being spoon-fed to me. Then Pastor Hamilton spoke to us on his burden that he has for Christian young people to reach out to the lost youth of the world. Afterwards, when I was supposed to be helping clean up I was in the back of the house brushing the horse that the Ellis's have. Then I got a ride back to the church and from there got a ride home.
On Sunday, following church and lunch, I went to G.I. Joe's to get my general season Elk hunting tag. Then I drove, in the rain, back to the church for evening service.
Upon coming home I had some food then got ready for bed. Proceeding sleep I lay in bed reading my Bible and studying for Bible quizzing. I had the window open a bit and the wind was chill and it howled through the gap; it reminded me of being on the mountain snowboarding. I hope toward the day that the season actually opens and I can finally go snowboarding. But for now I will have to wait and buy snowboard boots.
Thanks for reading about my boring life, whoever you are. You make this all worthwhile.
John
5 comments:
Hey, John I thought I'd tell you that they made a mistake announcing where the game would be this Saturday. It's not here in Corbett it's going to be in Culver(other side of Mt. Hood down 26) starting at 1:30pm so if y'all wanna come load up on gas and come see the quarter finals
Culver? How far is that? And what about snow in the mountain passes.
Actually I'm going hunting on Saturday and I don't even know how long I'll be gone in the morning.
It's 2:45 minutes from us that would be 3:45 minutes from you. It's 8 miles past Madras.
Ookay...Where's Madras?
Post a Comment