*Blink Blink* I stretch a little as I finally break away from the unconscious state of sleep into wakefulness. "What time is it?" I think to myself. I knew it was past 7 because I felt like I had been able to sleep in. I have a watch strapped to my wrist but I stretch out and peer of the side of my bed to the alarm clock on the windowsill instead. Its bright red LED display reads: 8:07. It felt later than that. I roll back into a proper position under my covers and think, hoping to fall back asleep, but by this time I'm fully awake. After a few minutes I get out out bed head downstairs hoping to find something to consume.
I finished breakfast and then commenced in doing nothing really important, with no desire to get dressed or get ready to do anything. Mom said we were going to get our Christmas tree today at ten thirty, but now it was only nine twenty-five and ten thirty seemed like a long time away. In less than two minutes, though, Adam said informed me that he would be running an errand shortly. After obtaining permission to accompany him I was dressed and ready to go in less than a minute; just goes to show what a little motivation can do for a person.
(I started this post on Sunday and I'm only now finishing it on Tuesday.)
Later that day we went out to the Christmas tree farm and after a half and hour we found the perfect tree in the way back of the lot. We got it and put it in the half-open trunk of the car and drove home.
Then we played Ultimate Frisbee, the most exhilarating game on the planet. It was a good game on a clear day. Because of the lack of time, motivation, and imagination I will now end this post with very little detail as to what happened for the rest of the day.
John
I finished breakfast and then commenced in doing nothing really important, with no desire to get dressed or get ready to do anything. Mom said we were going to get our Christmas tree today at ten thirty, but now it was only nine twenty-five and ten thirty seemed like a long time away. In less than two minutes, though, Adam said informed me that he would be running an errand shortly. After obtaining permission to accompany him I was dressed and ready to go in less than a minute; just goes to show what a little motivation can do for a person.
(I started this post on Sunday and I'm only now finishing it on Tuesday.)
Later that day we went out to the Christmas tree farm and after a half and hour we found the perfect tree in the way back of the lot. We got it and put it in the half-open trunk of the car and drove home.
Then we played Ultimate Frisbee, the most exhilarating game on the planet. It was a good game on a clear day. Because of the lack of time, motivation, and imagination I will now end this post with very little detail as to what happened for the rest of the day.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment