10 December 2007
Up On The Housetop
Every once in a while a one could make out a thumping bumping sound coming from the roof, but on this particular Friday it wasn't reindeer; it was me putting up our Christmas lights. On Friday we got our tree and I decided that I was going to put our Christmas lights. I made the decision late in the afternoon so I had to get to work before the light totally failed on me. After testing all our outdoor strings of lights I went up on the roof and began to work. Slowly but surely, the day began to fade into night. My position was made less precarious because the strings of lights I was putting up were lit while I worked with them. But as the night began to fall so did the rain. Rain has many forms and this rain was a light misting, just enough to make the entire roof surface wet. The rain felt good, as did my sense of accomplishment at the progress I was making. Eventually the rain stopped, by this time the darkness had completely fallen and night had set in. I finished the first story roof just in time for an appointment I had. I saved the upper for another day, another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We got our Christmas tree today.
Post a Comment