09 May 2008

Self Celebration

I finally got a chance, this evening, to get my senior portraits taken. In a way senior portraits are just a celebration of the person having their picture taken. A time be thankful, to look back and ahead. I certainly had a good time this evening. We went downtown to a couple different places. I was a really relaxed time with friends; oh the laughs that we had. I barely got a glimpse of some of the pictures, but I'm excited about the little that I did see.

I got a great insight from reading The Shadow of the Almighty today. All the dreams that we could dream for our life small and cheap compared the will of God for our lives. Everything, every moment, every act that directs us, is planned by God and he can do nothing regular. Every one of them is a miracle. If we are living for God's will we will be a part of those miracles and they will be manifest in our lives.

So many missionaries, intent on doing something, forget that His main work is to make something of them, not just to do a work by their stiff and bungling fingers. ~Jim Elliot

John

No comments: