19 April 2009

Memoir

Today was our last day in UB before heading out for our adventure in the countryside.  As I traversed the familiar road back toward our apartment I could smell the scents I had frequently been subject to.  I wish I hadn’t though, for while they were common they were not pleasant or welcome.  As I trod the rocky path toward my home my footsteps were slow and labored, but that was because I was carrying a box of clothes to the Siekbert’s to be loaded on the truck when we leave tomorrow.  I took long slow breaths of the town air; that was to stave off the asphyxiation not for the enjoyment of it.  At least I could see through the air that I was breathing.  Honestly I’m really looking forward to our time in the Countryside and I’m so happy that we’re this close.  I praise God for the ways he has worked in this situation and been teaching us to trust in Him.

John

1 comment:

Sir Timmy said...

You should write a book.