18 August 2009

Deep South

It's been a while since I've blogged but I suppose that most of you who read my blog weren't far from anything interesting that has happened to me this summer. Since I'm on the road again I decided that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to start writing again. A lot of you may know that I'm on my way Lattimore, North Carolina to go Ambassador Baptist College. On the way I'm making a detour with the Marshmans to Mrs. Marshman's mom's house. Kevin's grandmother is giving him her Ford Five Hundred for a (late) graduation present. It certainly is a nice car. The thing is very clean and doesn't have a lot of miles on it. The trunk is huge so there will be plenty of space for all or our luggage in there. And the back seat is very spacious as well, lots of room for extra gelato spoons back there. We leave on Friday to drive up through Georgia and South Carolina to get to Lattimore by Friday evening. Tomorrow we're going to be taking an air boat ride which I'm really looking forward to. We'll probably see alligators and snakes and all kinds of animals in the wild. I'm really excited about it. That's basically what's going on here. This is my first time in the deep south and I'm sure I haven't seen anything yet. It is so humid here, when I exited the airport I thought I was going to drown on dry land. It was like walking in an above ground swimming pool. I almost choked. Anyway, that's what's going on, more later.

John

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm drownin' on dry land... sing sing


I'm sure there's plenty of room for gelato spoons ;P

Living Faith said...

You and Kevin and gelato spoons... what an interesting mental picture...

Sara said...

I didn't know that Kevin liked gelato that much. ;) I miss you already, Johnny. Keep posting.