22 June 2012

Portland Quest

I've been having a lot of fun and doing a lot of stuff lately. Unfortunately I haven't written about much of it. One of the really cool things I was able to do recently is what I've called Coffee Quest. That is where one goes to as many gourmet (third wave in coffee jargon) coffee roasters and espresso bars in Portland to find the best purveyors of the delicious brew. Well, while we were out on the town we hit up a few other popular attractions including Petite Provence Boulangerie & Patisserie and Salt and Straw for amazing ice cream. So our Coffee Quest morphed into more of a Portland Quest. We ended the day with a little calorie-burning climb up some secret stairs in the West Hills for panoramic vistas of our lovely Rose City. The following day I returned to downtown to see the Navy ships and went to Old Town Pizza with Sara and some friends for lunch. That's also a story I should have told but delayed doing so too long.

Next up, Pizza Quest!

John

Edit: I thought I'd include a few of the coffee places we visited:
BARISTA on NE Alberta
Extracto Coffee Roasters
Starbucks
(Was it really so few? I had plans to go to more, but not all my compatriots were as interested as I was in coffee. Beside I can only handle so much caffeine =D. But we did experience multiple different roasters' coffees at BARISTA, including Heart, Stumptown, and a Canadian roaster whose name does not come to mind.)

No comments: