12 April 2009

Greater and Lesser Lights

Today is Easter and we had a great Resurrection Day.  With nearly 60 people all together in attendance this morning and a good turnout for the English service in the evening.  After the evening service we had a fellowship and played ping-pong.  As is my custom I didn't do so well.  After a good time of talking together, enjoying the pizza bagels and ice-cream cake, and a little ping-pong it was really nice to head home in the wonderfully pleasant evening.  It is getting darker much later now, and the weather has been absolutely amazing.  It was warmer and sunnier in the coldest capitol city in the world this Easter than it was when I was in Dallas on Easter two years ago.  This week should be our final week in language school as we are planning to leave for Khatgal with the Siekberts this Friday.  Sometimes here in the city I look up at the night sky and see the stars in the clear evening.  Whenever I do I think about what it's going to be like when we get to Khatgal and there will be no city lights.  I can't wait.

2 comments:

Peter Knezevich said...

So what changed so that you could go? Last I heard the school officials didn't want you to.

Unknown said...

What changed was the time frame in which we were going to be leaving. The departure got delayed so it didn't matter that we get permission to leave school anymore.