06 September 2010

Take Off

Tonight was the first game of the softball season here at ABC.  Tonight the Patriots played against the Conquerors in a valiant struggle for dominance.  I have the slightly overwhelming privilege of coaching and organizing the Patriot’s softball team this year.  I did the best with what I had where I was, and we actually had a great game.  One interesting rule here is that at least three girls must play on the line-up or else the team cannot play.  Last year, finding enough girls to play was often a struggle.  Thankfully, this time around an abundance of athletic freshman young ladies have joined out league, so we will not have a problem filling our roster.  I watched and played tonight as the Patriots, on the opening game of the season, took on the power hitting Conquerors and held their own in one of the best games I’ve seen the Patriot league play in my entire school tenure.  We did not end up winning, but I’m encouraged about the season ahead and all the possibilities we’ll have.  Final score was 16 to 21, Conqueror’s game.  The nice thing is we weren’t blown away, and we scored more in this game than any other game in all of last season.  (I think this is an accurate statement.)

(Coach) John

1 comment:

Sara said...

hey! cool! I had my own volleyball team at camp with the Conzatti's and we got second place! :)