30 September 2010

Winning Inning

I have been so busy lately; I apologize if you have check my blog frequently only to be disappointed by the same words that you have seen again and again.  So, here are some new words, and I gladly report that they are words of good news.  I know it may not seem like much to you, but I’m very exited.  The Patriot League has just won its first softball game of the season.  We had such a great day.  The weather was beautiful and cool.  We had a shortage of league members present, but thankfully we had ten present to fill the roster.  I was so proud today of how well everybody played.  We did not have a power hitting line up, but the consistency of our batters was very good.  I was also very happy with how well the ladies on our league did.  All in all, we had a great game, and I’m very encouraged.  My first win as a coach.  Not only did we win, but we won on a mercy rule.  We were up by 15 runs after four innings.  We have another game tomorrow against the undefeated Conqueror League.  I hope we can play at least as well as we did tonight then.  School is going well.  I’ll try to give you an update on all that this weekend.

John

No comments: