What a good break this has been. I have not done a lot, but I’ve done a lot of it. Today was a nice full day. My Aunt and Uncle took my cousin to two of his friends’ birthday parties today. While they were out I took liberty to rip out six holly bushes in the front yard. I was hoping they wouldn’t notice, but it was the first thing they saw when they got home. Actually, it was their idea, and I was glad to help them with quite a few projects in the yard today. After annihilating the six holly bushes, I dragged them into the woods in the backyard. Then I sawed a limb of a tree, moved the compost bin and circulated some of the decaying organic matter. I also climbed twenty feet up into an oak tree to remove an old dead limb that was resting on another. One last task of filling in a sink whole from a plant that was removed and seeding it with grass and it was time to clean up. Mellow Mushroom Pizza for dinner was nice. But I really liked the chance I got to Skype Hannah for a while after dinner.
I have some fun memories from watching last year’s World Series, and once again it lines up with my break here. I was disappointed to see how badly the Giants beat the Rangers in game one, but they won tonight bring the current standing to Giants two games, Rangers 1. We shall see how the rest of the series goes.
I feel pretty good about the amount of homework I’ve been able to get done over break. I’ve read through the commentary for Isaiah and Jeremiah, and I’m working on Lamentations. I finished outline a book for Dispensations class, and I organized Proverbs 16 into it’s poetical layout for Poetical Books class.
Tomorrow I’m going to church at Bible Baptist Church in Creedmoor, NC. I visited BBC last Spring on the Ensemble Tour. I’ve pretty excited to go back. Then I’ll picked up again to head back to school.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment