09 January 2009

Musings

I made my solitary way home from the Dean's tonight.  We had played a game and then I remembered that I still had dishes to wash.  I told Kevin he could go.  Upon finishing with the dishes I bundled up and made my way back to our apartment.  It had been cold and breezy all day and with the advent of night the wind began to pick up a little.  The near full moon shining out of a cloudless night sky lit the dark pathways whenever it wasn't obscured by the seeming haplessly placed building.  As I walked along through the silent night pieces of rubbish and litter scudded their noiseless ways across my path lifelessly ushered on by the increasing wind.  Occasionally my thumb would bump the tail-cap of my flashlight and it would suddenly illuminate the patch of ground in front of me revealing bare dirt, rocks, or more trash.  Although the way home was quiet and cold I was detached from my surroundings by the influence of my noise-canceling headphones that were plugged into my borrowed iPod.

John

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone said something like, ''Musings' is an overused term and the title would be better as 'Coffee Grounds of my Brain.'' Who do you think the author was? =) Mama

Unknown said...

No idea. I'll hae to admit though, musings is somewhat overused.

John

Unknown said...

P.S. Hae is not a typo. It is supposed to be that way.

Unknown said...

The author of 'Coffee Grounds of My Brain" was Adam.