08 January 2009

Watch Out For the Troublemakers

This week has seemed to have gone fast.  Kevin and I have had a good time in class telling the teacher that dinosaurs are in fact six thousand to ten thousand years old and not forty to fifty million years old.  We also think it is pretty funny to ask Beatrix about religion and Catholicism.  After our little argument about dinosaurs with the teacher Beatrix was wondering how old they really were.  She looked it up on the internet and found that they weren't forty to fifty million years old, they were one hundred thirty million years old.  We tried to tell Beatrix that that was wrong and we asked her if she believed the Bible.  She said she did but that the Bible talks in pictures sometimes.  When practicing speaking Mongolian in class we like to ask Beatrix theological questions for her to answer in Mongolian.  For example, today I asked her "Borkhan khem Bey?"  Which is to ask "Who is God?"  The teacher thinks that to Catholics Mary is a God.  Beatrix said that she wasn't but how did our teacher get that idea?

On another note, I spilled water on my computer last night while I was using it.  At first it seemed okay but then it started to spaz a little.  First it turned off twice then I couldn't open stuff or type.  I couldn't open the start menu to shut it down so I had to pull the battery out to get it so shut down.  One time I turned it on and I got a totally foreign screen that I didn't know a thing about.  Fearing the worst I shut it down again and waited.  Finally last night, I got it turned on but when I typed and 'L' it kept typing them whenever I paused for a short while.  And then it wouldn't type 'a's, 'd's, or 's's.  Again, a little worried and praying I decided to leave it for the night and try again.  Today it seems fine and there is no problem with it.  Praise the Lord.  This only one thing I've noticed.  Whenever I hit "right shift" it types one of these '>.' 

John

No comments: