06 March 2007

Bit By Bit


I hope you all enjoyed my Snow Trip entry. Unfortunately, because of the nature of things, all my interesting little stories cannot be included for sake of space and that I do not remember them all when I'm writing. Plus, trying to incorporate many of them into the story format would have been difficult. Consequently, you find little pieces of a greater picture revealed slowly over time. I'll start things off right now by giving you a glimpse into what made this such a great trip for me.

Friday afternoon, riding back from Bachelor, we needed to stop at Safeway to pick up some wine for dinner. We had just come from the slopes so Luke and I are still wearing our snow pants, tromping around the store. While Mr. Nutter and Mr. Gaffney talked with the wine guy Luke and I wandered around the store looking for something the satisfy ourselves by. In the back, behind the produce, I found a fridge unit with Odwalla, SoBe, and many other drinks and juices. I really like Odwalla so I went over think I might buy one. Odwalla cost too much and I wasn't interested in spending that much. My eyes began to rove over the case. They rested on the SoBe. A little tag beneath them reads: 10 for $10. According to my math that means they're a dollar a piece. That's a great price, and I do dearly love Lizard Lightning, which they had, so I grabbed two. I told Luke to grab two and I would buy all of them. Feeling quite satisfied we headed to the front, keeping our eyes open for Mr. Nutter. After walking the line of registers we found them checking out. I placed the SoBes on the conveyor belt and pull out my wallet. But as I was to pay, Mr. Nutter included my drinks with his wine and payed for the whole thing! Four dollars isn't that much, but paying nothing was great. I wasn't expecting him to pay for my drinks but I wasn't going to stop him either. We head out to the truck. I'm just enjoying everything.

John

No comments: