
As many of you who can read know, I'm going down to Texas to visit Anna and to volunteer at the training center where she works. I'm also leaving very soon. So before I left, and for James birthday, Mom took Evan, James, and Myself snowboarding yesterday. We started early in the morning and I drove to Timberline. We had a great time. The weather was beautiful, the sun was out and it was over sixty degrees. Evan and I took turns staying with James and teaching him, and under our top quality schooling (which we don't charge very much for) he is really getting better. I went over quite a few jumps and landed nearly all of them. I also went on off some freestyle rails for the first time and only crashed on the one that I didn't intend to go on. I was coming down the hill and I saw a mound that I thought was a jump. When I got to the top, and there was no chance of stopping, I saw that it was a rail. I rode the rail successfully but when I landed I caught the front edge of my board and ended up on my belly. All in all everything was great.
On the way home we got the great idea to stop somewhere for dinner. We knew that Adam was taking the other kids out to BurgerVille so we called home trying to hook up with them. They had already left so we were on our own. James and I didn't really care where we went as long as they served food but Evan was feeling the need for pizza. Mom had the great idea to go to EFNY (Escape From New York) Pizza in downtown Portland. We got there, ate, and then left. It really hit the spot. A perfect way to end a perfect day.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment