26 March 2007

Finally Having Fun

Well, I had a crazy weekend, but nothing a party guy like me couldn't handle. I started it all off on Thursday by heading down and helping out at the senior car wash. I helped the whole time from 10 until 4 and we raised over 400 dollars. I specialize in cleaning wheels.

On Friday I did normal stuff most of the day, including taking down a big Oak tree in our backyard, but ended it all off well by heading down to REI and J. Crew. I love to spend money and this time I came home with a new shirt from J. Crew and climbing harness from REI. Looking forward to accruing all the gear I need to go climbing.

Saturday was great day, starting at church getting the ground there ready to have new bark dust laid down for Easter. Evan, James, and I devoted our time to removing two large flax plants. By the time we were done all that was left was two craters and a big mess. Upon completion of our duties we headed straight over to Southridge were we commenced an the most amazing Ultimate Frisbee game I have been to in a while. My team ending coming back from 7 to 14 to win the game. We scored 8 points in a row. After frisbee, we played football but I was having a hard time getting into the game. It didn't rain on us while we played frisbee but for the last hour of football the heavens opened up and all manner of things began to fall from the sky. Thoroughly soaked, Evan and I headed home to get ready to go out to Red Robin with Kevin, Hannah, and Katey. Hilarity ensued while we spent two hours at the restaurant. The word 'Fun' does not do justice to what all happened there while we inhabited the premises.

Sunday was mostly normal for me, starting in the morning waking up. Next I went to church and then came home. After lunch I rode my bike to Barnes & Nobles and spent some time there with Luke. That finished, I rode on home and got ready for evening church. After church, Mom and I went to get James, he had gone to the zoo with some friends for a birthday. Driving my car was great, especially since it was night and the bad drivers are few and far between. When I arrived safely home I went to bed.

Today was a good day too. After waking up and all that shenanigans, I did school, which comprised sitting on the couch reading textbooks and practicing my piano. Then Evan and I went out for a little shopping. I can't tell you where we went because while we were out we stopped and bought Anna's birthday present. After that we went to REI and I bought another pair of Smartwool running socks(the most comfortable socks ever). I have had a gift card so I couldn't resist. After dinner we were going to go see Shooter but I couldn't because I'm only 17 and it's rated R. Now I'm here at the end of the day. Now I'm gone.

Snowboarding on Thursday. Texas in 8 days.

John

No comments: