12 May 2007

Oot an' Aboot

Last night we played Ultimate in the parking lot. There were only eight of us but we still had a lot of fun. Even though it was getting toward evening, the air was still really hot and humid and whenever stopped moving I could feel myself burning up all over. We didn't just end up playing one game though. Because of the people that were playing and the difference in skill present we switched up the teams a couple of times and played five or six games. My favorite game was the last game. Bye then we were down to six players. Anna, Danielle, I were on a team verses Shauna, Erin, and Nareda DeCleene. The DeCleenes were good and had previous frisbee experience but on the last game we didn't let them score once. The moved the frisbee a lot and got close the end zone quite a few times but couldn't quite make it all the way. We ended at nine o'clock 7 to 0. We all had fun and and everyone got a chance to be on a winning team.


Today we had a Staff outing to the Allen Premier Outlets. Rachel, Claudia, Anna, and I are close to the only staff people left here at the Ministry Center, so we four went together. We stopped in at a couple places including: Ralph Lauren Polo, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, as well as Eddie Bauer, Fossil, and J. Crew. While at Eddie Bauer I could feel familial ties being awakened inside of me and I saw a couple of things that I liked. I ended up just getting a nice t-shirt with a fish on it. At Fossil I was looking for a belt and a wallet, and that's exactly what I ended up getting. At my last stop, J. Crew, I didn't find the sweatshirt I was hoping that they would have but I got a new navy and green striped tie for a good price. After we left the outlets, we all stopped at Costco. I love Costco. Sam's Club and Walmart just don't compare with Costco. We stopped there just to look around and have lunch (at three thirty). While there we couldn't pass up walking around and getting all the samples though. When we left Costco I realized I didn't have my Camelbak bottle and that I had probably left it at one of the stores we went to at the outlets. I called Eddie Bauer and Tommy Hilfiger to see if they had found it in the fitting room areas, but neither had. After thinking about it for a while I realized that I had left it at Tommy Hilfiger. We weren't too far away, so we drove back, but they didn't have it. Someone must have thought it looked cool and taken it. The good news is that they are on sale at REI and I'm going to get two new ones when I get home.

I only have couple days left here in Dallas. Anna and I are flying back home on Tuesday and right after that we are going to the beach. I can't wait to get home so I can all the stuff that I need to do.

John

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your arrival. You mentioned the beach, are you going to be at church Wednesday night?

Anonymous said...

Because that's the only time I will be able to see you before shampooe(I leave for outdoor school the 20-25 which is Sunday through Friday).

Unknown said...

I'm hoping to be at Church Wednesday night.

Anonymous said...

Welcome HOME John !!!!!!!! :) :) :) :P