After traveling all day, we are finally at our hotel. We left home at about 9 and arrived here just before 8. On the way down we made only a couple of stops. Our first stop was at the South Umpqua rest area for lunch. When we reached Redding we stopped for gas, as is our custom. Since we had stopped someone came up with the idea that we should stop at Starbucks for drinks. I was in line and ready to order when Sara informed me that Mom was going to buy all the drinks; we used Evan's partner discount. 200 miles later we were finally in sight of the city. One last stop at the grocery store and another quick jaunt on the freeway and we were pulling into the parking lot at the hotel. While we unloaded the van(and cleared the building), Mom started making dinner. The Asian chicken salad was the perfect summer dinner after spending all day on the road. While enjoyed dinner at the poolside we watched as dusk fell without a whisper. A lone owl flies over the city while a single star shines brightly in the falling light.
Tomorrow we have registration and then we are going to play disc golf. The weather here is incredibly nice and sunny without being too hot. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.
John
5 comments:
Hey it was me that said mom was paying for the drinks and with Evans super duper starbucks card we saved over 8 buck
*bucks
John, tell me how disc golf goes, score, how tough the course is, things like that.
Disc golf was great, the temp was almost 100 degrees though. We only had time to play the first 7 holes but of those I did really well. Good course, if you're ever in Rocklin you should play it.
John
Cool. I'll try to look it up if I'm ever over there.
Post a Comment