Today I feel like Thor. Like I've got lightning in my pants. What started out just like any other Thursday has turned into an awesome day. I'll tell you about it.
Last week I was scheduled to have my haircut on Saturday, but when the time rolled around I had to reschedule because of extenuating circumstances. It was rescheduled for today. So at just after three o'clock I headed out the door for my appointment. A clip here, a cut there, and and hour and a half later I left the studio looking like Jason Bourne. But I didn't head, I was on my way to soccer. I went to Southridge but no one was there, so I made a quick phone call and found that I needed to go over to Conestoga. I got there and started playing soccer. What a beautiful sport. Although everyone played one event stands out in my mind above all the others. Out of the three goals I made against Adela one of them was spectacular. Philip had broken away and was dribbling the ball down field toward the goal. He was on the right side, I was on the left. Adela was the goalie and James her only defender. James came out to challenge Philip. With my only my natural athleticism and whatever meager soccer skill I've picked up along the way I streak into the goal box toward the goalie. I call out to Philip for the cross. With all the precision and skill the the Romanian could muster he booted the ball my direction. It flew right past he goalie straight for me. In a split second I lower my head, the ball connects with my head as I deflect it towards the gaping goal. I looked up right as the ball sails just out of Adela's helpless reach into the net. GOAL!
John
8 comments:
i think you were offsides. ;-)
Sounds like a real professional play.
no. Offside is if he gets pass to passed the last defender. He was completty legal.
Well howdy there Ichron. I didn't know that you visited my site. I'm glad to hear from you.
John
I hurt my wittle knee. It hurts alot. I'm in pain. But I'll be alright, thanks for asking.
We weren't playing offsides anyways... It was a beautiful goal John! I was honored to not block it. If that makes any sense... :)
You wanted him to make you look like a fool trying but failing to block a shot on the goal? How does your team feel about that. You just hanged your team out to dry.
(Kidding)
Post a Comment