John
16 February 2009
Cold
This past week has been bitterly cold and has nearly erased from my mind the signs and sensations that the fledgling spring had tried to bring forth only a week before. This cold doesn't not travel along either but brings with it biting wind that makes it's sting felt even more severely than winter's. Despite all that I think, and begin to feel, spring's renewed attempt to enliven this frozen land with it's warmth and energy. Even this evening feels like it is warmer and no doubt we will begin to shed layers soon. With the entrance of spring however brings another change not as looked forward to. With the Pattersons returning this Thursday Kevin and I will be moving back into our hibernation hole this week. After the freedom and the space we have so enjoyed it will likely be quite an adjustment re-entering our one roomed cell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Side note. I was reading Kevin's blog, but it won't let me leave any comments. So let Kevin know that one weird, finger-lacking, home-schooled kid visits his site.
Speaking of home-schoolers, have you ever heard Tim Hawkins' song 'homeschool family?'
John
Yes I have. It is a pretty funny song, Tim Hawkins has some pretty funny comedy stuff out there too.
You home schoolers..... Y'all just get together and talk about homeschooling with your pocket knives and button down shirts buttoned all the way to the top.
Hey, being home-schooled is the coolest!
Maybe Kevin never took the time to think that maybe having ones shirt buttoned to the top and talking about pocket knives is really what's cool and not the other way around.
John
...and slacks belted tight and high! Yeah, don't forget that part, Kevin. I bet you wish you were cool like us. =)
You're absolutely right. Notice that Kevin stop replying because he's ashamed of not being home-schooled.
You all are deceived. You yourselves are home schoolers, so you're hardly unbiased. I don't think I could handle being as "cool" as you guys. You're impeccable sense of fashion and super awesome swiss army knives are too "cool" for me.
Oh, now we've hurt his feelings. Sorry you could never be homeschooled Kevin.
John
Post a Comment