Tuesday night was a night with a surprise. We had just gotten back to the Dean's apartment after eating out at one of our favorite restaurants. Mr. Dean and Mrs. Dean had an appointment with another missionary family that evening so we were left alone with the children. The kids were taking baths that night as well and while they were doing that Kevin and I watched the A-Team. Right after Elsie finished her bath I looked up from the movie and was talking with Charissa when I saw something in the air. My first thought was that it was steam from the bathroom. Regardless I got up just to check things out. It was then that I realized there was a glow coming from the corner of the kitchen behind the cabinets. Right then I was thought to myself "It's so dumb to have candles lit over there. Who lit the candles." When I got there however I found out that it wasn't candles, it was a fire. Quickly I told Kevin and he got up from the couch. Then I grabbed the distilled water from on top of the fridge and doused the flame. Under the burning stickers, for that was what had caught on fire, was a heating coil used for heating water. Elsie had plugged it in and left it when she went to take her bath. Kevin and I spent a few more minutes cleaning up the mess and throwing away burned material. It was pretty wild, I'm just glad Kevin and I were there to take care of it.
John
4 comments:
Glad that you were where you needed to be at the right time. God works wonders! Hope you had a Happy Birthday. Take Care
A fireman and a hero!!
'Cause even policemen need heroes, right?
Right.
John
Post a Comment