This morning just as we were about to start school Mr. Martin called and was wondering if Adam was available to help him work on a fence. Mom asked Adam if he was interested but Adam said that he had a lot to do today and this week and was really available. I was sitting at the table waiting to start school and I piped up and said that I would help if he wanted. Fifteen minutes later Mr. Martin showed up and I went with him over to the Williams to work on a fence project. We worked all morning digging post holes and setting posts in concrete. At noon we took a break and went over to church and had lunch in Mr. Dutton's 'office.' Mr. Dutton was there but he had already finished his lunch so he was working on some stuff. I will say on thing however; Mr Dutton and Mr. Martin are so funny together. They can play off each other so well that just watching them is hilarious. After we finished lunch we headed back over to the job site and dug and set five or six more posts until four thirty. After cleaning up our tools Mr. Martin drove me home and talked to Mom about working tomorrow morning before my piano lessons. So tomorrow I'm also going to be working again and then after my piano lesson I'm going to go work at Mace's Stables cleaning up after the horses. Looks like I've got a pretty busy day tomorrow. And tonight I have to practice my piano and do my Physics.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment