
Finally we were all together and we spent the rest of the morning going on ski runs and finding out where the best spots were. On one run there was a series of jumps on significant slope, the first jump being the biggest and the subsequent ones diminishing in size. I’d been off the main jump before but I had never landed it, so when I went off of it again I was determined to land at least one. The first time I went off, though, I
wasn’t ready and after landing on my board I tried to slow down but ended on up sliding on my back. But I my mind was made up and I was going to go off it again and again until I landed one. After the others followed my over the jump we all met at the bottom. Mark and I both really wanted to do the jumps some more so we rode the lift back up and did them again; Kevin and L.J. came with us. Upon finishing the jumps again Mark and I decided that we should bring my camera up and take pictures of us going off the jumps. So we headed back to the lodge for some lunch and to get the camera. After lunch we headed back up the lifts, this time with the camera hanging from my neck underneath my jacket. As long as I
didn’t fall over and land on my chest everything would be fine. After talking a little about logistics I went down first and got ready to take some pictures. We then spent the next hour or two taking turns going off jumps and photographing each other. After we had finished taking pictures of us jumping we rode the lift to the top of the Upper Ski Bowl. At the top we looked out over the vast expanse between where we were and the summit of Mt. Hood. I still had my camera so I took some pictures then decided to take a picture of the four of us at the edge of the precipice. Right then a man on skis was coming by and he agreed to take the picture of us all together. With that done I re-secured the camera under my coat and we headed back down the mountain to put the camera back at the lodge. At the lodge we took the time to have snack to keep our energy up for the rest of the trip. When we had finished most of the food we had brought with us we went back out for the last leg of our ski trip. Since no one had to carry the camera now we set out with renewed freedom.
We spent the rest of the day just riding and having a good time. As the time wound down towards the end I was getting tired, and since I had taken a few falls, my head was starting to hurt a bit. Kevin, Mark, and L.J. wanted to take one more run but I wanted to head back. I know that when I get tired I start to fall more and each one starts to hurt a little more. I took the one last run I had to to get back to the lodge and I waited there for the others to finish. In a few minutes the met me in the cafe and we started to get ready to go. Kevin and I were hungry and we both wanted something hot to eat so I bought some nachos and a chicken strip basket and we split them. When all the food had been devoured we dragged ourselves outside and gathered all our stuff together to wait for our ride to pick is up. L.J. was about to call his step-dad when we saw him standing about thirty feet away waiting for us to notice him. We grabbed all our stuff and packed it in the minivan for the trip back to the resort where we were staying. On the way back we had to stop and return the rented gear. While we were stopped we ordered a pizza and rented some movies. Back at our condo we all took showers (except L.J.) and spent the rest of the night eating pizza, playing Halo, Risk, and poker until late when we finally got ready and went to bed.
John isn't just my name, it's who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment