19 January 2007

Face-Boarding

I just got back this morning from my snow trip last night on the mountain. My mom doesn't like to stay up late and we got back into town around midnight, so I stayed the night at Luke's house. Mom picked me up at 7:30. Last night I went to Ski Bowl with Luke, and since it was just the two of us we had a lot of freedom. We had a great trip, going on new runs and trying new jumps and stunts. I even had a close shave with the ice. On one particular jump, I didn't go over it at excessive speeds and it wasn't a very big jump but when I tried to grab board edge I tipped over and landed... on my face... on the ice... Ow. After I got up Luke came over after me and he was laughing because I had biffed it. I asked him how my face looked and he said it looked okay but it was a little bloody; I thought it would be. I went over to the First Aid station but no one was there so I went into the bathroom and got my first look at the wound. It was bloodier than I thought it would be. After cleaning it up a bit with water and paper towels I went over the Guest Services to see if I could get some help. It didn't hurt at all but I didn't want to get any blood on the collar of my jacket. The lady at the Guest Service counter (who had a kid) radioed one of the patrol guys and he came and cleaned my wound up. He cleaned it first and then wiped it with an alcohol wipe, which stung worse than a hornet, and taped some gauze to it and I was set to go. After that Luke gave me a face mask thing that I wore for the rest of the night. However, the injury didn't bring me down in any way, I still had a good night, and a grand story to tell too. I'll post a picture of it on here as soon as I get one.

John

No comments: