07 May 2007

Bad Dad

I really have failed at being a good dad. Two weeks ago, while Taylor was here, he and I found a pair of pigeon eggs on the roof and decided that we should try and hatch them ourselves. We wrapped them in a wash cloth and put them on a heat pad thingy. Now, two weeks later I'm sure that they're dead and won't ever hatch. What a sad story. I also caught a bee and put it in a Starbucks cup. I watched it lick the sugar off of the inside of the cup but when I came back a while later, the bee was curled into a ball. I thought it was dead but put it on the window ledge just in case it was just to cold. It never moved again. I'm a terrible daddy.

John

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, that's so sad...those lives, just gone...forever...never to see the light of day (in one case, again)...my heart cries out in agony at the thought of death and dying...how could you?!?

Sara said...

You're not a bad dad, you're just a bad pigeon, and a bad bumble bee.

Anonymous said...

We are bad chickens. The other night some animals (foxes, cats, raccons, weasels..... not really sure which animal/animals) ate seven of our ten chickens. I will not give details of what we found.

Anonymous said...

Hehe.

Sara said...

Heheheheh

Sara said...

hahahahahaha #%^$)(&@!^#%@#

Anonymous said...

Whopps i gess i forgot to put my name on and sara was singed on

Anonymous said...

Correction to my previous statement we actually have four chickens left.

Anonymous said...

Whats so funny about dead chickens. Pip-squeak

Adam said...

Dead pigeons. Dead bees. Dead chickens. What a nice post. :D

Anonymous said...

Like Adam said "Dead pigons. dead bees. dead chickens. Such a great post".

Anonymous said...

A lot of things deserve to die but our chickens where to young to die and to... to uh, chicken to die.