
It's strange to think that June has already started, and yet, not so strange. The Rose Festival kicked of it's centennial celebration this last weekend with it's very own firework show. It was amazing and fun, and it seemed like there were a lot of people there compared to previous years. That same night Amadan opened the Rose Festival under the big top at the Washington Mutual Waterfront Festival. Amadan is an Irish/Celtic band that's from Portland, and we a had a raucous good time. On Saturday, after the homeschool graduation and Elise Jones open house, Anna, Evan, Sara, and I headed downtown by way of the crowded MAX line to the Starlight Parade. My three favorite parts about the parade were the Kell's Irish bagpipe band, the Last Regiment drummers, and the Cloud City 501st Stormtrooper Division. All in all between fireworks, Amadan, Graduation, open house, throwing Tim in the pool, Starlight Parade, volleyball and a picnic, singing, singing(no, this is not a typo), and playing a great offering, I had a pretty good weekend.
John
27 comments:
Just so there's no mistake Me and John threw Tim J. in the pool I didn't go in at John's acount, but me and Adam had a lovely wrestleing match and both ended up in the pool.
Heh, heh...that was terrible of you two. :D
To Hannah, Who are you? How old? What school(unless you graduted) do you go to? And how do you know John?
I'm just being socialable.
To everyone, Ultimate Frisbee Next Saturday(16th) at Southridge baseball or football field(if occupied we will move to Conastoga's soccer field) we will start at around 10 o'clock(if this is to early leave a comment with your desired time).
I hope to bring a couple of friends with me to that game.
sir timmy: you know who hannah m. is, you just didn't know that she read this blog
Who is Hannah M.(not my sister) I know a Hannah S., I know a Hannah D., but I don't believe I know know Hannah M., and if I do I apolagize and ask that you refresh my memory.
the "M." is not standing for her last name
random thought: john, why the term 'scuttlebutt'??
(Scuttlebutt -> a water fountain or water cask on a ship.)
For crying out loud...don't make it too easy on him, Kris...we could have fun with this.
Originally, a cask of fresh water for drinking, and now, any water fountain. As it was the habit of the crew to gather around the scuttlebutt and swap stories, the term grew to mean any gossip, true or untrue.
Drinking fountain on board ship; also gossip. The scuttle-butt, earlier scuttled butt, was a wooden cask, or butt, set up on deck with a section scuttled, or cut out, to allow sailors to dip themselves a drink of water. When drinking fountains replaced water casks on shipboard, the designation scuttlebutt was applied to them, too. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the social habits of Americans around water coolers has already guessed the next step.
John
That's a very interesting piece of history.
I can't believe some of the stuff you have packed away in your mind bank.
My account is overdrawn.
hannah m., should i stop giving hints?? i mean, he's a curious fellow, and curiosity killed the cat......then again...
oh, and, john, thank you for your encyclopediatic answer
This cat has already found out who the mysterious Hannah M. is.
Took you long enough. :D
gosh, that DID take you long enough! funny! :P
Well, at first I didn't get it because wasn't think about the right initials. So don't give Timmy a hard time just because he's Sachel.
John
I found out two days after her first comment. And that's a good description of me just call me Satchel.
like from 'Get Fuzzy'?
He doesn't keep all this stuff packed away in the hull of his mind. It's sliding around, easily accessible, on the deck. =)
To funny mrs b.
Yes, "Get Fuzzy". That comic strip will someday take over the world. It's that good.
heehee. I laugh.
Post a Comment