This certainly has been a full weekend. On Friday we went to the Monroe's for a going away get together that they would hosting for Kevin and me. We spent the entire evening there and even got to watch the Gold medal soccer match in the Olympics on the huge flat screen TV. We finished off the evening watching Cool Runnings and a good fight before going home. The next day I went to REI with Mom; I have been to REI three times in the past two days. I've been playing a lot of board games lately because I won't be able to play any with these guys while I'm away. Today, while waiting before church I got restless so I drove like a maniac to Starbucks. When I got there and ordered I remembered that I had forgotten my wallet at home with all my money in it. I realized this at the counter and told the registrar that I would take a water instead. But the barista, knowing that I was a former partner and had visited that store many a time insisted that I take the tea anyway for free. That was great, that group of baristas is really a great group. I've only a few more trips to Starbucks left, I know there isn't one in Ulaanbaatar. I fly out this Saturday from Seattle International Airport in the early afternoon so I'd like to make a visit to Pike's Market Starbucks on the way.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment