31 August 2008

Hotel Lima

After passing through security at SeaTac Kevin and I knew that we were finally on our own. We walked down the concourse looking for gate S10. We followed the signs but after a while all of the gates said they were A gates. I looked out the large glass walls out over the tarmac and noticed that there was an entirely seperate building with oversized S numbered gates marked on the outside. From my point of view there was no above ground way to get there. I suspected a tunnel while Kevin's guess was shuttle. After turning around, walking halfway back, and descending two flights of stairs we were at he subway entrance that accesses B and S concourses. I figured Kevin and I were both right. We rode the train the satellite building and upon finding our boarding gate found a place to deposit our backpacks. We leaned against the brushed stainless steel handrail running along the outside wall. We made some small talk about driving sports cars on the tarmac and cutting cookies while we waited. I also told Kevin about Brian Reagen's Flying routine. It wasn't long though before we were boarded and on our flight to Incheon National Airport. The flight was long and my seat got tired of sitting. But now I'm here waiting in South Korea for our flight to board to Ulan Bator.

John

No comments: