07 March 2009

Church and Translation

We were blessed greatly today with 39 Mongolians at church.  Today is Women's Day and that provided a great opportunity for church members to invite family members and friends to come to church.  20 Mongolian women came to church and we had a separate lesson for the men and woman and then we had one lesson all together.

For the past couple of weeks I've been helping a Mongolian young man named Togsoo get ready for a test he was preparing to take in English.  His test was yesterday and he said it went alright but he won't know his actual score for 20 days.

On Thursday Kevin and I went with Mr. Patterson when he worked with Dashka on translation.  Mr. Patterson's home church in America is putting together a special program to talk about the translation project over here and they wanted some pictures and video for the presentation.  Kevin and I went and took pictures and video while they worked on translation.  I even got to be a help with the translation.  I was sitting quietly to the side listening to my zune while Dashka and Mr. Patterson worked.  Mr. Patterson asked me if I knew what 'permission' was in Mongolian and I did; it's zoovshoorol (зөвшөөрөл).  I like sitting in on the translation sessions but I think Kevin isn't so thrilled by it.

John

No comments: