This past week has been an interesting one for language study. We have been working our way through, a week at a time, our Mongolian language books but last week and this one we took a break from that to have a couple of practice weeks. The plan was to take about three field trips and then prepare essays to present before the leadership of the school at the end of the two weeks. Last week I mentioned we went to the library, we also planned on going to the
Parliament building but we were turned away because it was soldiers' day. Today Alfredo and I are going to
Gandan monastery, the seat of Tibetan Buddhism in Mongolia. We're supposed to ask a bunch of questions and then report back to our teachers tomorrow. We may have a third trip later this week.
Since Kevin and I planning to go to Khatgal for about a month this week may be my last of formal language study. By the time we get back from Khatgal there will only be a few more weeks left until we return to America for good. I think it's about eight weeks away. I can't believe how close it seems.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment