27 March 2009

Out of the Blue

A strange thing happened today as I exited school; it was snowing out of a clear blue sky.  This morning when I left the apartment I checked the temperature and it was reading in the twenties.  I figured I could get away with a few lighter jackets layered (actually both Cloudveil).  But the weather reading I was using didn't tell me how cold the wind was going to be.  It turned out to be a crisp, emphasis on crisp, clear morning and then when I left school tiny white snowflakes were trying to make their way down to the ground but were rather unsuccessful because of the wind.  By the time I got back to the Dean's and ate lunch the sky had become completely overcast and the snow was now making an earnest assault of the dirt below.  With all the wind it seemed something like a blizzard.  At around 3 I walked back over to my place and by that time the snow had stopped but the sky was still rather lowering.  At my place I wanted to do nothing but take a nap, so I did.  Two hours later when I headed back toward the Dean's for dinner the skies were all blue again without a shadow of a cloud present.

Another thing happened today like a bolt from the blue.  Mr. Dean went to talk with the school about my trip to Khatgal and things didn't go as I might have hoped.  I was hoping they were going to say something like "Oh, sure you can go." But now they're giving us trouble.  Things can still work out.  I'll be sure to write again about any more details.  I guess I was just counting my chickens before they hatched.

John

2 comments:

Sara said...

one person interested

Unknown said...

I know, but it still says "one people interested."

John