Last night we had a hoe down at the Muller's. The Muller's are leaving on furlough toward the end of this year and a couple has come to cover for them while they are gone. Part of the reason for the shindig was to get acquainted with the new people. The other reason was just for fun. There was a total of 41 people present last night, the most that they have ever had at one time. There was so much food, chili, BBQ pulled beef, salmon dip, pizza bites, and whole lot more, with dessert on top of that. There were even s'mores over a fire. I guarantee I ate too much. We stayed late and talked a lot. There was a young lady from New Zealand there who was working for a month at the prison clinic for some sort of internship.
We had another adventure on Thursday. Kevin and I had wanted to go to the black market, Narantol Zakh, but didn't think that we wanted to go by ourselves. When Pastor suggested that we go, we were all for it. There was only one problem: we didn't know where it was. That doesn't seem like that big of a problem, it's easily solved by asking someone who knows. The problem with that is that you can't ask for directions if you don't think you need them. That was the biggest problem, I thought I knew where to go. So we headed out thinking we knew where we were going. All that wouldn't have been a problem had I been carrying my cell phone with me. But pickpockets frequent Narantol and in that wise I took nothing with me but some cash. To make a long story short, an hour and a half later and one river crossed we finally made it to Narantol. When we finally did make it, it was because we met someone on the way who knew where it was. I felt bad for leading everyone on a wild goose chase for and hour and a half but we all had a good time and it certainly was an adventure. I would have posted a picture to document the event but I left my camera at the apartment so it wouldn't get picked. Oh well.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment