Kevin and I have finally acquired a more permanent place to live. Mr. Dean and Ganpurev did all the work in finding it seeing as how Kevin and I wouldn't know where to start. Unfortunately, it is not in the same building as the Dean's, but I'm not too concerned with that. We will most likely be autonomous in the morning, only joining the Dean's at their place after we are finished with school every day. Mr. Dean says that it is about a five minute walk south from the tall grey building we are in right now. As of today there were a few things it still lacked, so we have not yet moved into our new location thought. We will likely move all out stuff tomorrow, freeing up the Dean's school room. Our new apartment has two rooms, one of which is a bathroom. We're not exactly "living the dream" but we weren't expecting a pent house when we followed God to Mongolia.
The weather was perfect today. It was so warm that Kevin and I promptly changed into shorts upon returning home from school. School is going well, and I think we are both gaining a grasp of the language and increasing our vocabulary daily.
We have been able to keep ourselves well fed and healthy over here with and abundance of inexpensive amenities. Coke is less than twenty-five cents a bottle and I can get Kit-Kat (which I use as sustenance during break at school) for even less then that. One can also find "Nike," "Adidas," and "Puma" shoes here for less than ten dollars a pair. Wow!
John
2 comments:
Praise the Lord about your new place. Last week my dad order the Rosette Stone program for Portages so I should be getting it in any day now. I will spend a good amount of my senior year learning the language. I will praying for your progress on Mongolian which I'm sure is harder than Portages. Take care.
Is 'Portages' a language?...or did he mean Portuguese??
Post a Comment