We started a new lesson at school today, lesson three. On Friday we will have a test and that will be the only class that day. Then we will have a week off. We met for prayer about the Mongolian Bible translation again today; I have really come to enjoy those times of prayer. I have been really blessed to be able to see our prayers answered on a number of issues. Last week Mr. Patterson was not feeling well at all and his parents were coming in for a visit this week. We prayed last week that he would feel better for his parents visit and a few days before they arrived Mr. Patterson said he was feeling a whole lot better. Kevin was sick for a few days in a row and has lost a bit of weight. Last night he started feeling better and today is really beginning to recover I think. Unfortunately Mrs. Dean has caught something and has a sore throat: she isn't feeling %100. The Jaquiths arrive tonight and we're praying that she will feel better for her parent's visit.
In other news, I finally exterminated the fly in our apartment. For the past few days Kevin and I have felt like the Egyptians in the beginning of Exodus. We had one resident fly that constantly patrolled our apartment, we were bothered by him for multiple days in a row. So much for a 24 hour lifespan. He would bother us by flying around our heads or landing on us while reading. It was also irritating trying to go to sleep and hearing his incessant buzzing pass by my head constantly. I knew something had to be done, how hard could it be to kill a single fly? As I read before bed I always had some whacking device close at hand. There isn't a wall in our apartment I haven't thrown my pants at. Last night it happened to be my pillow. As I read last night, I heard the perpetrator approach; I knew it was time. I had already tried once that night with my hand but the scum got away unharmed. I wouldn't miss again. As he drew near I stealthily extracted my pillow from underneath me. He left her resting place on my bead and flew a few feet away and landed. I followed, not wanting to lose him yet again. As I drew near, I wound back with my pillow. Swing one. I missed but ended up crippling our clothing rack. He didn't go far, landing on the ceiling just above the now decomissioned wardrobe. Swing Two. Scratch one bogey. Unfortunatley I now have fly guts on my pillow.
John
6 comments:
Make a movie about what happen.
That was really funny. I miss you, John. If Kevin needs to put on a few pounds just take him to that Cuban/American place. :D
Well, at least your can turn your pillow over. It's worth it to destroy that fly!
Sorry I haven't posted recently. We're having internet difficulty. I've got to cover a lot of ground so I'll get on later.
How comfortable are you with the language thus far?
Barely able to converse.
John
Post a Comment